The Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship Scheme 2024 initiated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, aims to support OBC students in classes 1st to 8th. This scholarship offers financial assistance via direct bank transfers, helping deserving students access quality education. The application deadline is November 15, 2023. Eligible students should apply promptly, ensuring they follow the official guidelines to benefit from this valuable opportunity.
Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship Scheme 2024
The Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship 2023-24 is designed to provide vital financial support to students belonging to the Other Backward Community in Kerala. These students, currently studying in classes 1st to 8th in Government or Government-aided schools, will receive Rs. 1500 annually via the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Method. To qualify, students must maintain an excellent academic record, with a minimum score of 90% in their previous examination.
Additionally, their family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh. The selection process hinges on fulfilling these eligibility criteria and providing the necessary documents, and the application process is exclusively offline.
Objective of Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship 2023-24
The primary objective of the Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship 2023-24 is to empower OBC students in Kerala by providing financial assistance that eases the burden of educational expenses. This initiative recognizes the aspirations of many determined students who aim to secure a brighter future through education. By offering this scholarship, it opens doors for financially disadvantaged students to pursue their studies without constraints, ultimately contributing to an increase in the state’s literacy rate and the overall socio-economic development of the region.
Key Highlights of Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship 2023-24
|Launched By||Chief Minister of Kerala Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Name of Scholarship||Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship 2023-24|
|Objective||To encourage the meritorious or needy OBC students of state|
|Benefits||Financial assistance of Rs. 1,500 per year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students from Class 1st to 8th standard|
|Deadline||15th November 2023|
- Residency: Applicants must be permanent residents of Kerala.
- Community: Students should belong to the Other Backward Communities within the state.
- Educational Level: Students must be enrolled in classes 1st to 8th in either Government or Government-aided schools.
- Family Income: The annual family income of the applicant’s household should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh.
- Academic Performance: To be eligible for the scholarship, students are required to have scored at least 90% in their previous examination.
- Domicile Certificate
- Annual Income Certificate (from Village Officer or Taluka Panchayat)
- Examination Marksheet
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Mobile Number
Apply Online under Kerala Kedavilakku Scholarship 2023-24
- Visit the official website of Backward Community Kerala.
- On the homepage, locate and click on the “Scheme” option.
- From the list of schemes, select Scholarship 2023-24.”
- You will be directed to a new page. Look for and click on the “Apply Now” option.
- This will take you to the registration page. Fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Attach the necessary documents as specified.
Once you have completed the application form and attached the required documents, submit the application to your school principal.